Chapter by Chapter
"Anoles: Those Florida Yard Lizards" features colorful graphics and punchy, information-packed chapters. You'll learn, laugh a little, and learn some more. Here are the chapter titles:
- The Unlikely Conversation
- Day 1: Hey, We're Not Chameleons
- The Origin of Anoles: Just How Old Are They?
- Where Anoles Fit In With Other Animals
- So, Uh, Why Are You In My Yard?
- Impact of the Invaders
- Day 2: Where Do They Live?
- Geography, Population & Who's Number 1?
- Territoriality and Body Language
- Day 3: Anatomy and the Senses
- A Peek Inside the Anole
- Exploring the Mouth, Nostrils and Ears
- Precision Vision: What They See
- Jet Lag and Cyclops: A Third Eye
- Magic Trait #1: Walking Straight Up
- Magic Trait #2: The Tail That Grows Back
- Magic Trait #3: The Dewlap
- Magic Trait #4: Color Change
- Magic Trait #5: The Convertible Back Crest
- Are They Really Cold-Blooded?
- The Battles of Mating Season
- The Spoils of Victory
- Greetings, World: Birth of a Hatchling
- Day 4: So, What's To Eat?
- The Food Critics Review
- And One More, Ahem, Menu Item
- Anole Enemies: Staying Off Their Menu
- Physical Prowess: By Land, Air and Water
- Track and Field Events
- The 5th & Final Day: Sleep, Winters, Captivity
- The Unexpected Announcement
- The Quest for Habitat
- The Lizards Wind Down
- A Glance At Those Florida Yard Lizards
- The Day After: Release, References, Hearsay